Saturday, October 3, 2015

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 312

I beveled some edges with the SurForm tool. Click on any image to enlarge it.

I used the paring knife and a small hammer to split the bottom mold piece.

I used the same tools to split the other two mold pieces.

The upper arm lifted right out. This is where I am always glad that I took my time with the clay build-up, getting it right on the parting line.

Some more beveling of mold edges.

I still need to carve a spare.

Links To BJD Tutorials Updated 1 August 2015

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.


  1. This tutorial is wonderful, thank you so much for sharing your process! :) I've loved ball joint dolls since elementary school (that was 25 years ago), and am just now deciding to take a shot at making them. Better late than never!

    1. I am pleased that you found something useful in this blog. I hope to start working on my doll again real soon now. Thank you for your nice comment.

  2. Hi KWM! Your documentation of process and work ethic has been an inspiration to me; I'm a sculpture student and very interested in doll-making and similar processes. I've learned an enormous amount from your blog and just wanted to reach out and say thanks!


    1. You're very welcome. I will restart my doll making real soon now. Love, love, love. (^_^)

  3. Such a wonderful site, one of the best! I have learned so much from you over the years. Things have been silent for so long, sincerely hope all is well.


This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.